The newest version of Office is now available as a donation through TechSoup!
Eligible organizations can request the following Office 2016 products for Windows:
- Office Standard or Office Professional Plus
- Project Standard or Project Professional
- Skype for Business (formerly Lync Desktop)
- Visio Standard or Visio Professional
And for Mac, the 2016 versions of these products are available:
All Office suites now include OneNote and the Office suites for Windows include Skype for Business. Note that InfoPath has not been updated to 2016. The last version of InfoPath to be released is the 2013 version. InfoPath 2013 is still available as a donation through TechSoup, and that version is included with Office Professional Plus 2016.
Why Don't the Product Names on TechSoup Include 2016?
The names of products in the Microsoft donation program on TechSoup don't include version numbers. When you receive a product donation, you can choose to download the current version of the software or the previous version. As of today, the 2016 versions of all the Office products listed above are available for download, but you can also elect to download the 2013 version if you choose.
You can always find out which version is the current one in the Microsoft Title Groups document.
What's New in Office for Windows
- Cloud storage: Office applications integrate with OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint, so you can access your files across devices.
- Insights: Powered by Bing, this feature brings you contextual information from the web right into your Office experience when using Word, Excel, Outlook, or PowerPoint
insights feature in PowerPoint
- Real-time typing in Word: You can see where others are working and what they are typing as they type it in the Word desktop application. Just save a document to OneDrive for Business and invite your colleagues to join you in a simultaneous authoring session.
Real-time typing feature in Word
- Data analysis in Excel: New analysis capabilities are built into Excel, including one-click forecasting, so you can pull, map, analyze and visualize your data faster.
Data analysis features in Excel
- Data loss protection: IT admins can centrally create, manage, and enforce policies for content authoring and document sharing in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. End users will see policy tips or sharing restrictions when the apps detect a potential policy violation.
What's New in Office for Mac?
Mac users can learn what's new in Office for Mac in our blog post about those products.