Starting the year on a high note, TechSoup has finally made its way to China last 12 January. Through this latest expansion, the hundreds and thousands of NGOs in the country can now access the software discounts and donations provided by Microsoft and Box.
TechSoup China was formally launched during the Microsoft “Cloud Tech” NPO IT Day in Nanjing, an event co-hosted by Microsoft China and TechSoup’s newest partner, Non-Profit Incubator (NPI).
In addition to the introduction of TechSoup China, the NPO IT Day also offered a day filled with Office 365 case studies from prominent NGOs, and an afternoon of Office 365 trainings facilitated by Microsoft and NPI.
Through TechSoup China, qualified nonprofits would be able to access charity discounts to the latest Microsoft products such as Windows 10, Office 2016 and more. In addition, nonprofit organizations will also have the chance to qualify for free or discounted subscriptions to Office 365.
In addition to Microsoft, qualified nonprofits can also access charity discounts to Box Starter Edition licenses. This product provides them with 10 perpetual licenses to over 100 GB of storage.
For nonprofit organizations in China to qualify for software donations and discounts, they should be able to provide the following requirements:
- An organization must be a foundation (基金会 / jijinhui) registered with the Ministry of Civil Affairs or its local bureaus pursuant to the Regulations for the Management of Foundations; OR
- An organization taking the following legal forms whose governing documents indicate they are operating on a charitable or non-profit basis for the public benefit:
- social organizations (社会团体 / shehui tuanti) registered with the Ministry of Civil Affairs or its local bureaus pursuant to the Regulations for Registration and Management of Social Organizations;
- Private Non-enterprise Institutions (民办非企业单位 / minban fei qiye danwei) registered with the Ministry of Civil Affairs or its local bureaus pursuant to the Interim Regulations on the Registration and Administration of Private Non-enterprise Institutions;
- Religious organizations registered with the State Administration for Religious Affairs or its local bureaus pursuant to the Religious Affairs Regulations;
- Companies registered with the State Administration for Industry and Commerce.
In addition, each organization should also be able to meet additional criteria regarding their mission. You can learn more about these criteria by clicking the Nonprofit Mission Eligibility here >>
How to begin?
Excited to have your nonprofit qualify for Microsoft and Box donations? You can sign up for free, today, at www.techsoupchina.org.cn