PowerPoint 2008 for Mac is a tool for designing, preparing, presenting, and publishing slide shows and presentations. PowerPoint 2008 can be used as a standalone product or in conjunction with other Office 2008 for Mac products.
PowerPoint 2008 for Mac was designed for the Mac environment, with many features and interface elements intended specifically for Mac users. The help files, menus, and preferences are formatted and organised according to the most recent Apple design standards. iPhoto images are automatically available as clip art, sorted by album. Office's font menus use Font Book groupings, allowing Mac users to locate and use their preferred fonts more quickly. Office 2008 for Mac is a universal binary for PowerPC and Intel processors.
Presenter View allows a speaker to view additional material on a second screen, including notes, outlines, a presentation timer, and a clock.
Powerpoint uses Flip4Mac to play Windows Media Player audio and video, allowing for complete compatibility between Windows and Mac systems.
The Elements Gallery, a new user interface feature in PowerPoint 2008, includes easily accessible, drag-and-drop thumbnails of available visual elements, allowing users to find desired elements more quickly and intuitively than through standard text menus.
Installing this product requires alicencekey and installation media. After your order is processed, instructions for obtaining thelicencekey will be sent to your organization email address.
- PowerPC G4 (500-MHz or higher), PowerPC G5, or Intel processor
- 512 MB or more RAM
- HFS+ hard disk
- 1.5 GB available hard-disk space
- 1024x768-pixel (or higher) display
- DVD drive
- Mac OS X 10.4.9 or later
- Under the Software Assurance program, customers acquire the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of their coverage.Presentations can be controlled using an Apple Remote.
- Presentations can be exported to iPhoto for use in iPods and iPhones.
- Office 2008 for Mac includes 49 customizable, versatile themes, including 30 themes exclusive to Mac.
- New in Office 2008: text controls include kerning, ligatures, and other advanced options.