Visio Standard 2013 is software for creating diagrams. Users choose a template, drag shapes to the drawing, connect the shapes, and add text where needed.
This donation provides one license. See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Use Rightsfor specific licensing details.
This version of Visio should meet the needs of most organizations. Visio Professional 2013 adds the ability to create specialized IT and engineering diagrams. It also allows linking diagrams to data sources and having more than one person work on a diagram at the same time.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use Visio to create flowcharts, organization charts, office layouts, and more.
· Templates:Templates include shapes used for creating a particular type of diagram collected in groups called stencils. They can also include special tabs on the Ribbon and wizards to help get the diagram started. Visio includes templates for creating such things as:
o Charts (organization charts, flowcharts, and marketing charts)
o Project schedules (calendars, timelines, and Gantt charts)
o Maps (directional and geographic)
o Cause-and-effect diagrams
o Block diagrams
o Basic network diagrams
o Basic office layouts
· Themes and styles:You can add sets of colors, fonts, and effects to an entire diagram with a single mouse click. Each theme has several variants. In addition, you can also apply styles to individual shapes to make them stand out. Effects include such things as shadows and glows.
· Threaded conversations:A commenting pane allows reviewers’ comments to appear in threads.
· Cloud storage:The default location to save diagrams is the user's SkyDrive.
32-Bit and x64 Versions
You can download Office 2013 installation files for either 32-bit or x64 systems.
Important Volume Licensing Information
With Visio 2013, you can choose between two types of volume license keys for product activation: a Key Management Service (KMS) license key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). Organizations will be provided with both types of keys on the Microsoft Volume Licensing website.
For help deciding which type of key to use, Microsoft offers instructions on how to use a MAK or KMS key to activate volume editions of Office 2013.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires installation media and a license key. The license key allows you to use the installation media to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for.
Expect three emails:
1. When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup Asia will send a message to your organization email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested.
2. Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
3. TechSoup Asiawill send an email with information about managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.
· 1-GHz (or higher) processor
· 1 GB RAM for 32-bit systems; 2 GB RAM for 64-bit systems
· 2 GB available hard-disk space
· 1024x576-pixel (or higher) display
· For graphics hardware acceleration — DirectX10 graphics card
· For touch features — touch-enabled Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC
· Windows 7; Windows 8; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2012
· .NET 3.5 or later
For viewing Visio Services diagrams through a web browser — SharePoint Server 2010, SharePoint Online or SharePoint Server 2013; Internet Explorer 8/9/10, Firefox 10 or later, Safari 5 or later, Chrome 17 or later
- Under the Software Assurance program, customers acquire the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of their coverage.