Dynamics CRM 4.0 is a CRM (customer relationship management) server application designed to run on Windows Server 2003 Standard, Enterprise, or Web Edition in conjunction with Exchange Server, Standard or Enterprise editions. Dynamics CRM provides users with a shared database of customer records and communications, ensuring that all departments have access to up-to-date customer information, as well as a unified system for scheduling contact with customers and other CRM duties.
Enterprise Server is one of three editions Dynamics CRM 4.0. Workgroup Server and Professional Server offer the same features and the Enterprise Server also supports multiple, distinct CRM databases on a single server.
Users can access and work with Dynamics CRM customer records and reports through an Outlook toolbar or by using Internet Explorer to access a customized, internal Web site. Reports are available with on-demand, scheduled, or event-based delivery, and can be generated by users without IT assistance.
Users can integrate contacts, emails, tasks, appointments, or OneNote notes with the appropriate customer records; track email correspondence; and schedule and automate tasks such as customer contacts. Replies to tracked emails are automatically tracked as well, allowing users to quickly see all pertinent correspondence with or about a customer. Contact can be assigned for customers personally or in groups; and can be scheduled individually, recurrently, or as triggered by other events.
Both the Web and Outlook interfaces are highly customizable. Access rights and interface settings can be set at all levels and departments so that personnel can access records in an appropriate and intuitive form.
Dynamics CRM supports SQL Server Mirroring, which ensures that a backup copy of the database is consistently available in case of damaged files.
Additional Information: For a rundown of the available editions of Dynamics CRM 4.0 and licensing alternatives, see the Guide to Dynamics CRM 4.0 Editions and Licensing.
Acquiring Media: Installing this product requires a license key and installation media. After your order is processed, instructions for obtaining the license key will be sent to your organization email address and the media disk to your shipping address.
- 1.8-GHz (or higher) Dual Pentium Xeon P4
- 1 GB or more RAM; 2 GB recommended
- 400 MB available hard-disk space
- 10/100-Mbps network card; dual 10/100/1000-Mbps recommended
- Windows Server 2003 Standard/Enterprise/Web with latest service pack; Windows Server 2008
- SQL Server 2005
- Exchange Server 2003 with latest service pack
- Windows XP SP2; Windows Vista
- Internet Explorer 6 SP1; Internet Explorer 7
- Windows XP Professional/Tablet SP2; Windows Vista
- Office 2003 SP3; Office 2007 SP1
- Under the Software Assurance program, customers acquire the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of their coverage.
- The improved offline user experience in Dynamics CRM 4.0 allows for offline reporting and customization, with automatic synchronization when an Internet connection becomes available.
- Multi-tenant architecture lets organizations maintain multiple, distinct CRM databases on a single server.
- CRM data and reports can be exported in Excel format. After making edits to CRM information in an Excel spreadsheet, the user is given the option to re-import edited information back into the CRM database, thus allowing CRM data to be altered and recalibrated using the familiar tools and functions available through Excel.
- The highly flexible structure lets developers add components using the .NET framework.