Norton Internet Security protects computers from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, botnets, rootkits, spyware, and spam. It provides a firewall to prevent uninvited connections other computers. It also identifies unsafe and dangerous websites so users avoid them. The program scans all existing files and incoming and outgoing data without interrupting the user.
This donation provides a subscription for use of the product on one computer for one year. The subscription includes protection updates and new product features. The product will cease to function entirely after one year unless the subscription is renewed.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use Norton Internet Security to:
· Protect your organizations data from viruses, spyware, spam, and other threats
· Reduce system administration costs by keeping your computers running smoothly
· Prevent uninvited connections to computers and other devices so they cant steal information, install and launch programs, or make other dangerous changes to your organizations computers
· 24/7 threat monitoring and insight:Aggregates reports from numerous sources, including the Norton community, to identify the latest verified threats.
· SONAR: Uses behavior technology to identify likely threats that have not yet been reported.
· Organizationwide management:The cloud-based Norton Management Center allows you to fix, update, renew, and install all your organizations Norton products from a single location.
· Safe Web and Facebook: Protects users who surf the Internet or receive Facebook feeds from dangerous links, infected downloads, and unsafe websites.
This product description is for the version of Norton Internet Security that was released in September 2012. However, when you download your Norton product, you will receive the most recent version. As updates are released, they are installed automatically.
This product is identical to the version sold through the Symantec website and includes the standard support, renewal, and upgrade options available with retail products.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup Asia will send a message to your organization email address with instructions for obtaining and activating this product.
· 300-MHz (or higher) processor for Windows XP; 1-GHz for Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
· 256 MB or more RAM
· 300 MB available hard-disk space
· Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit) standard and Pro; Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate; Windows Vista with SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate; Windows XP with SP2 (32-bit only) Home, Professional, Tablet PC, Media Center
· The capacity to download 104 MB of data
· For email scanning — a POP3-compatible email client
· For browser vulnerability protection — Internet Explorer 7.0 or later (32-bit only); Firefox (32-bit only)
· For anti-spam — Outlook 2002 or later; Outlook Express 6.0 or later; Windows Mail (spam filtering only)
For browser phishing protection, safe search, and password management — Internet Explorer 7.0 or later (32-bit only); Firefox (current and the most recent previous 32-bit major releases); Google Chrome (current and the most recent previous 32-bit major releases)
Email, chat and surf the web without worry
- Norton Reputation Service: instantly checks where files came from and how long they've been around to identify and stop new crimeware faster than other, less sophisticated security software.
- Norton Protection System uses several overlapping layers of protection that work together to stop viruses, spyware and other online attacks.
- Norton Download Insight warns you if a downloaded file or application is dangerous before you install or run it on your PC.
- Norton File Insight gives you detailed information about the files found on your PC including where the file came from (the website URL) and if it can be trusted.
- Norton Pulse Updates run in the background and provide mini updates every 5 to 15 minutes - more frequently than the nearest competitor - for the latest protection against online threats.
- SONAR 3 Behavioral Protection monitors your PC for suspicious behavior to quickly detect new online threats.
- Email and instant message monitoring scans emails and IMs for suspicious links and potentially dangerous attachments.
- Smart two-way firewall prevents hackers from accessing your PC and stealing your personal information.
- Network mapping and monitoring shows you all the devices connected to your home network so you can easily spot uninvited guests using your wireless Internet connection and/or eavesdropping on you when you go online.
- Norton Bootable Recovery Tool creates an emergency CD/DVD/USB that gets you back up and running even if your PC has become so infected that it won't even start up.
- Vulnerability protection prevents cybercriminals from using security holes in applications to sneak viruses or spyware on to your PC.
- Professional-strength spam blocking keeps your mailbox free of unwanted, dangerous and fraudulent emails.
- Bot detection finds and blocks the automated programs cybercriminals use to take control of your PC to access your private information and send out spam to launch attacks on other PCs.
- Worm protection safeguards your PC against fast-spreading Internet worms and prevents you from accidentally passing them on to others.
- Rootkit detection finds and removes deeply buried crimeware that can hide other types of threats and allow cybercriminals to take control of your PC.
Shop, bank and visit social networks with confidence
- Norton Safe Web warns you of unsafe and scam websites right in your search results and automatically blocks them.
- Anti-phishing technology blocks fraudulent websites created by cybercriminals to steal your identity and your money.
- Norton Identity Safe lets you log in to sites with one click and automatically fills in web forms to prevent cybercriminals from stealing your information as you type.
- Norton Safe Web (Social Media Scanner) protects you and your Facebook® friends from dangerous websites, cybercriminals and other online threats.
- Norton Identity Safe On-the-Go lets you maintain your most recent log-ins and passwords on a USB device so you can access them on any Norton Internet Security 2010, Norton Internet Security 2011, or Norton 360™ Version 4.0 protected PC with a USB drive.
Stay protected without sacrificing performance
- Proactive performance alerts tell you when an application is slowing down your PC, so you can make changes to improve performance.
- Norton Insight identifies and scans only files at risk for fewer, shorter scans and the fastest scan speeds in the industry.
- Norton System Insight shows you how files and applications affect system performance to help you keep your PC performing its best.
- Silent mode puts alerts and non-critical updates on hold when you’re watching movies or playing games in full-screen on your PC.
- Smart scheduler runs scans and updates only when you’re not using your PC.
Get the most out of your protection with easy-to-use features
- Parental control management lets you keep a watchful eye on your kids’ online activities so you can keep them safe from online dangers.
- Free 24 x 7 Support lets you get help and answers by phone, email, live chat, or online whenever you need it.
- Norton Control Center organises program controls and settings, and gives you one-click access to web-based Norton services on one easy-to-read screen.
- Norton Ongoing Protection automatically downloads software updates and new features as they become available during your subscription period without interrupting you or slowing down your PC.
- Monthly report tells you what Norton Internet Security has done in the previous month to keep you safe from threats.
- Power saver settings maximise your laptop’s battery life by putting off non-critical activities until your computer is plugged in.