This product is temporarily out of stock. Please check back occasionally to see if the product is available again.
Symantec System Recovery 2013 is a backup and recovery solution that uses disk imaging technology to protect servers. It takes snapshots of entire hard disks that can be saved to almost any type of storage media or converted to virtual disks. When recovery is needed, these snapshots (called recovery points) can be restored to either the same hardware configuration or a different hardware setup.
This donation provides one Licence, which allows an organisation back up any number of devices. Only one Licence is required per Organisation.
Benefits for Organisations
Regular backups can protect your organisation against a data-loss catastrophe. If you have experience with system administration, you can restore an entire system or individual files and folders if a disaster renders servers inoperable.
· Flexible recovery point creation:You can create recovery points as needed or schedule them to be created automatically.
· Restoration of individual files:If only certain files need to be recovered, you can browse the recovery point to restore individual files, Exchange messages, and SharePoint documents.
· Secondary backup locations:System Recovery supports secondary backup locations, which are often essential when primary on-site backups are inaccessible or unrecoverable.
Free Management Console
The System Recovery Management Solution is free for any organisation with a valid Symantec System Recovery Licence. It provides a centralized management console for organisations administering System Recovery on multiple computers distributed across one or more locations. Symantec recommends it for managing 20 or more servers. It must be installed on a computer running Windows Server.
The version of this product available through Connecting Upis the Not for Resale (NFR) version. NFR products cannot be upgraded to new releases. Organisations seeking new releases should request new donations through Connecting Up. In addition, NFR products do not include telephone assistance with product issues or add-ons; however, free online technical support is available at Symantec's website through its knowledge bases and discussion forums.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
Expect two emails. When your donation request has been approved, Connecting Upwill send a message to your Organisation email address with preliminary information about obtaining this product. Shortly after, the donor partner will send an email with information needed to complete the installation or activation.
· 233-MHz (or higher) processor, as required by the operating system
· Memory requirements for key components:
o System Recovery Agent: 512 MB RAM
o System Recovery user interface and Recovery Point Browser: 512 MB RAM
o Symantec Recovery Disk: 1 GB or more RAM (dedicated)
o System Recovery LightsOut Restore feature: 1 GB RAM
· Hard-disk space requirements:
o 700 MB available hard-disk space
o Recovery points: Sufficient hard-disk space on a local hard disk or network server for storing recovery points. The size of recovery points depends on the amount of data backed up and the type of recovery point that is stored.
o System Recovery LightsOut Restore feature: 2 GB available hard-disk space
· DVD drive:
o The drive can be any speed, but it must be capable of being used as the startup drive from the BIOS. Symantec System Recovery uses Gear Software technology. To verify that your DVD writer is compatible, visit http://www.gearsoftware.com. You can look up information about your writer if you know the name of the manufacturer and model number.
· Windows Server 2012; Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2008 with SP2; Windows Server 2003; Windows Small Business Server 2003/2008/2011; Windows Essential Business Server 2008; Windows 8; Windows 7; Windows Vista; Windows XP Professional, Home, Media Center
· .NET Framework 2.0 to run the installation program; .NET Framework 4.0 to run Symantec System Recovery (If .NET Framework is not already installed, the installation program installs it automatically.)
· Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
· For granular Exchange recovery — Microsoft Outlook 2003/2007/2010
Virtual platforms supported for converted recovery points:
· VMware ESXi 4.0/4.1/5.0/5.1
· VMware ESX 4.0/4.1
· VMware Server 1.0 and 2.0
· VMware Workstation 4/5/6/7
· Microsoft Hyper-V 1.0/2.0/3.0
· Citrix XenServer 5.0/5.5/5.6/6.0/6.1