You're ready to tell your organization's story in video, but which software is best for you to put it all together? Do you need the simplicity of Premiere Elements or the full range of features in Premiere Pro?
What's in Common
Trying to decide if you need the streamlined simplicity of Photoshop Elements or the comprehensive collection of Photoshop CC? This guide can help you decide.
What's in Common
Both Photoshop Elements and Photoshop CC allow you to manipulate photos in all the basic ways.
Storymakers 2014 is now open for entries! If you’re looking to submit either a short form or a 60 second video, I’ve gathered here some useful apps that can definitely help give your entries a vibrant twist. Worried about the requirements? Don’t be! These are all free, easy-to-use apps that you can use with just your mobile devices!
PicPlayPost: Pictures and videos in one collage
Believe it or not, creating breathtaking pictures or videos need not to be an expensive ordeal. There are actually a ton of cost-effective resources out there, for both desktops and mobiles, that are simply just waiting for you!
Adobe Spark Video is your everyday story-telling app. With a simple interface and a library filled with readily available media, virtually anyone can now develop and narrate their own animated videos in just a matter of minutes!
Want to get started using audio or videos to engage your current supporters and pull in new ones? There are a number of tools which put multimedia within the reach of most nonprofits.
Before the digital revolution, videos — like still photographs — were actually shot on film. Editing them involved cutting out individual frames and splicing the filmstrip back together, a tedious and expensive process that resulted in lots of little plastic squares on the cutting room floor. You also had to move through all previous footage to reach the scenes you wanted to edit, more or less requiring you to edit the film in the order in which you shot it.
These things, along with expensive equipment and production costs made producing a video for many nonprofits or libraries a pipe dream. But times have changed and now editing video is easier than ever before and the costs of equipment, production, and editing tools are ever-decreasing.
Today, software makes editing digital footage faster, easier, and much more affordable, and puts it within reach of anyone with a personal computer. Even better, digital video editing is “nonlinear,” which means you can access the scenes you want to edit directly. This helps speed up the process, especially for a short, Internet-ready video for which you just need to trim off the ends and add a title screen or two.
Photoshop Elements 2020 and Premiere Elements 2020 is a product that combines two Adobe applications. Photoshop Elements is a tool for editing, retouching, optimizing, and distributing digital images. Premiere Elements is a tool for editing and publishing digital video. Together, they count as one individual product toward an organization's annual Adobe donation limit.
This donation provides one license each for Photoshop Elements 2020 and Premiere Elements 2020. Each license allows one user to install and use the applications. You may install the two applications on different computers. The license key provided with this product request will expire on November 30, 2024. After that date, this product will no longer function. See below for additional licensing information.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use these applications without prior image or video editing experience to
- Tell your organization's story by cleaning up recorded videos and publishing them online
- Edit, clean up, and organize photos of volunteers and on-site events
- Learn about image and video editing through the guided editing tools that take you step by step through the process
- Many professional-level capabilities: The Elements applications are simpler alternatives to Photoshop and Premiere Pro that share many of the features of the larger products. Photoshop Elements does not include certain advanced Photoshop features such as the Channel Mixer, Color Balance, scripting, or CMYK coloring. Premiere Elements offers fewer templates, transitions, and effects than Premiere Pro.
- Simplified organization: You can keep track of your photos and videos in a searchable organizer shared by both products that filters media by people, places, or events. Tagging media allows you to find photos or videos faster.
- Image editing: Photoshop Elements can automatically detect and remove red-eye and other imperfections in a photograph. You can manually adjust colors, lighting, contrast, shadowing, and highlights and make one-step photo adjustments by choosing the best result from a group of several different adjustment previews. You can also create composite images using elements from multiple photographs or other digital graphics.
- Video editing: You can edit, drag, drop, copy, and paste clips within the editing interface. Premiere Elements can analyze your video and fix shaky footage and color and lighting problems, trim away bad footage, and balance audio elements. You can add music, narration, text, and special effects.
- Video importing options: You can import video from a variety of devices, including HDV camcorders, compact camcorders, web cameras, MPEG-4 video recorders, DSLR still cameras, and select mobile phones. Premiere Elements can record video from webcams, analog capture cards, and other live video sources.
- Sharing options: Photoshop Elements optimizes photos for sharing via email, Facebook, YouTube, or online photo albums to ensure high-quality images with small file sizes. Premiere Elements can deploy video to a variety of media, including DVD and Blu-ray; sites like Facebook, YouTube, and Vimeo; and mobile devices.
If you're the licensed user, you may also use each application on a secondary computer. The secondary computer may be a home computer or portable computer and must be of the same platform. You may not run the software simultaneously on both the primary and secondary computers.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
When TechSoup approves your donation request, we will send a message to your organization email address with instructions for obtaining and activating this product.