Norton 360 protects PCs against the latest online threats and also includes tools for tuning up systems and backing up data. It does most of its work in the background while consuming few system resources and requiring little user interaction.
This donation provides a subscription for use of the product on one computer for one year. The subscription includes protection updates and new product features. The product will cease to function entirely after one year unless the subscription is renewed.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use Norton 360 to:
· Protect your organization's data from viruses, spyware, spam, and other threats and keep your backups current
· Reduce system administration costs by keeping your computers running smoothly
· Prevent uninvited connections to computers and other devices so they can't steal information, install and launch programs, or make other dangerous changes to your organization's computers
· 24/7 threat monitoring and insight: Aggregates reports from numerous sources, including the Norton community, to identify the latest verified threats.
· SONAR: Uses behavior technology to identify likely threats that have not yet been reported.
· Safe Web and Facebook: Protects users who surf the Internet or receive Facebook feeds from dangerous links, infected downloads, and unsafe websites.
· Organizationwide management:The cloud-based Norton Management Center allows you to fix, update, renew, and install all your organization's Norton products from a single location.
· PC Tune-up: Provides tools to fix common computer problems, free up memory, remove unneeded files, and clean up the hard drive.
This product description is for the version of Norton 360 that was released in September 2012. However, when you download your Norton product, you will receive the most recent version. As updates are released, they are installed automatically.
This product is identical to the version sold through the Symantec website and includes the standard support, renewal, and upgrade options available with retail products.
The administrative fee for this online product is not refundable.
Obtaining This Product
When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup Asia will send a message to your organization email address with instructions for obtaining and activating this product.
· 300-MHz (or higher) processor for Windows XP; 1-GHz for Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
· 256 MB or more RAM
· 300 MB available hard-disk space
· Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit) standard and Pro; Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate; Windows Vista with SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate; Windows XP with SP2 (32-bit only) Home, Professional, Tablet PC, Media Center
· The capacity to download 147 MB of data
· For email scanning — a POP3-compatible email client
· For browser vulnerability protection — Internet Explorer 7.0 or later (32-bit only); Firefox (32-bit only)
· For anti-spam — Outlook 2002 or later; Outlook Express 6.0 or later; Windows Mail (spam filtering only)
· For browser phishing protection, safe search, and password management — Internet Explorer 7.0 or later (32-bit only); Firefox (current and the most recent previous 32-bit major releases); Google Chrome (current and the most recent previous 32-bit major releases)