Lync 2013 is a communications client that works in conjunction with Lync Server and Lync Online. Users can talk to each other using instant messaging (IM), voice, or video and can switch back and forth between modes. Presence indicators indicate a contact's availability and appear both in the program and across Office applications like Outlook.
This donation provides one license. See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Use Rightsfor specific licensing details.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have network administration experience, you can use Lync 2013 with Lync Server or Lync Online to:
· Communicate and collaborate with remote workers through audio, web, or video conferencing
· Improve your availability by redirecting incoming conversation requests to another mode of communication, such as a mobile phone
· Presence:In the Contact List window, each contact has a presence button, green for available, yellow for away, or red for busy.
· Meetings:You can schedule audio, web, or video meetings with Lync or within Outlook or Outlook Web App. Web conferences support program or desktop sharing, file sharing, and polling.
· File sharing:You can send files or selections from files in instant messages or share them in meetings with their formatting intact.
· Accessibility:Lync includes more than 100 keyboard shortcuts for accepting, ignoring, or ending calls or other important functions. Enhanced screen reader support for JAWS and other software enables all notifications, incoming requests, and instant messages to be read aloud.
· History:Lync tracks and logs information about conversations in a special folder in Outlook called Conversation History. This information can include notes taken in OneNote.
Lync Basic 2013
Lync Basic 2013 is a free desktop client for Lync Server 2013 and Lync Online. It provides a subset of the Lync functionality found in the Lync 2013 client. It is available as a 32-bit or 64-bitclient.
Important Volume Licensing Information
With Office 2013 suites and applications, organizations can choose between two types of volume license keys for product activation: a Key Management Service (KMS) license key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). Organizations will be provided with both types of keys on the Microsoft Volume Licensing website.
For help deciding which type of key to use, Microsoft offers instructions on how to use a MAK or KMS key to activate volume editions of Office 2013.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires installation media and a license key. The license key allows you to use the installation media to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for.
Expect three emails:
1. When your donation request has been approved, TECHSOUP ASIA Program will send a message to your organization email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested.
2. Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
3. TECHSOUP ASIA Programwill send an email with information about managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.
· 1.6-GHz (or higher) Intel Pentium 4, AMD Athlon 64, or equivalent processor (2-GHz recommended); dual-core 1.9-GHz (or higher) for VGA video; quad-core 2.0-GHz (or higher) for HD video
· 2 GB or more RAM
· 1,024 x 768-pixel (or higher) display
· For audio features — microphone and speakers, headset with microphone, or equivalent device
· For video features — USB 2.0 video camera or RoundTable device; video card with 128 MB of video RAM, Windows Display Driver Model driver, Pixel Shader 2.0, 32 bits per pixel; DirectX 9 application programming interface
· Windows 7; Windows 8; Windows Server 2008 R2 with latest service pack; Windows Server 2012
· Internet Explorer 7 or later; Firefox
· Connectivity to Lync Server 2010/2013
· For Outlook integration — Outlook 2010/2013; Exchange Server 2010/2013
See the complete hardware requirementsfor information on network bandwidth and more detailed video requirements