- Which Autodesk products are available through the donation program?
All products that Autodesk makes available for nonprofit organizations are listed on the Autodesk program page. for a complete list of available products. Eligible organizations may receive subscriptions up to two Autodesk products within a fiscal year (July 1 to June 30). Organizations may renew two subscriptions each subsequent fiscal year.
The Building Design, Infrastructure Design, and Product Design suites include AutoCAD for Windows and Mac. Entertainment Creation Suite does not include AutoCAD. Check the system requirements of each suite to determine whether the products included are compatible with Windows or Mac OS X.
- Can I obtain licenses for Autodesk products not offered through TechSoup?
All products that Autodesk makes available for nonprofit organizations are listed on the Autodesk Donation Program page.
If you require additional licenses beyond the first two fulfilled through TechSoup, or if Autodesk does not offer products through TechSoup that you are interested in, you may request them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Autodesk will review your submission and notify you by email whether they can accommodate your request.
At this time, Autodesk is only providing product subscriptions for donation. Autodesk no longer offers perpetual licenses. For more information on the change from perpetual licenses to subscription licenses, visit the Autodesk Perpetual License Changes FAQ.
- What are the program eligibility requirements?
See the restrictions page.
Can I obtain donated licenses if I purchased an Autodesk product within the past three years?
No. If your organization purchased an Autodesk product within the past three years, you will need to request an exception from Autodesk before you can request one from TechSoup. Follow the steps below to request an exception.
- Send email to email@example.com.
- In the email include
- Your organization name and contact information
- Which Autodesk product or products your organization purchased
- The total approximate cost of the product or products
- The approximate date of purchase
- The channel through which you purchased them (for example, Autodesk.com or a reseller)
- Once you receive an approval email from Autodesk Foundation, request the donated product through the TechSoup website. See the program page for a list of all Autodesk products available through TechSoup.
Note: Autodesk's approval does not guarantee that your organization is fully eligible for the donation. You must still meet the program's eligibility requirements to qualify for TechSoup's Autodesk products. See the Autodesk program restrictions for more information.
How do I know if my computer meets the basic hardware specifications?
You can compare your computer's hardware specifications against the system requirements for each product by visiting these pages.
How do I download, install, and activate a product?
Below is the process for registering with TechSoup; requesting a product; registering with Autodesk; and downloading, installing, and activating your product.
Register with TechSoup Asia
- Register your organization with techsoup.asia if you haven't already.
- TechSoup Asia will validate your organization, ensure that it is a legitimate nonprofit organization, and determine if it is eligible for Autodesk products. Eligible organizations must meet certain criteria as outlined in the program restrictions.
Request Your Product
- If your organization is eligible for an Autodesk product, request it from the Autodesk Cloud program page.
- After checkout, After you complete your request, TechSoup will send you a fulfillment email with a PIN and link to activate your product.
Register and Download your Product
The fulfillment email will include instructions on how to use the included PIN and how to register, download, and install your product.
- What can I try if I'm having download issues?
Try another download method available on Autodesk Account.
- Do I have to create an Autodesk ID to activate the product?
Yes. Your Autodesk ID is your link to your Autodesk product licenses and subscriber benefits. You will need it to register the PIN you received from TechSoup, log in to Autodesk Account where you can access downloads and benefits, and submit support requests. Your software will also prompt you for this ID when you first run the product. If you do not have an Autodesk ID, you will be prompted to create one at each of these steps.
- Why does the product ask me for a serial number?
After you register your PIN, you will receive an email from Autodesk. This email confirms that your subscription has started. Autodesk recommends that you begin using your product only after you receive this email. Once you have received it, you will only need your Autodesk ID and password to use the product on any computer. A serial number will not be necessary to use the product.
- What should I do if I haven't received a confirmation email from Autodesk?
Check the email account that matches the Autodesk ID you used to register the PIN and that the email wasn't blocked by your spam filter. If you still have not received the email, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the PIN number you tried to register.
- Where can I find technical support?
If you have download, installation, or activation issues, visit Autodesk Account.
- Autodesk YouTube Channel — demonstration videos
- Autodesk University — on-demand training classes to learn, connect, and explore
- Autodesk Knowledge Network — support, learning, and community
- Autodesk Sustainability Workshop — sustainable engineering and architecture support for educators and students
- Autodesk Virtual Agent — a collection of frequently asked questions and helpful download links
You can also reach out to an Autodesk Authorized Training Center (ATC®) near you, where courses and certifications are available on a fee basis.