Want to make the most out of your Software Assurance benefits? Learn how to do so by knowing how to make your way around it with the help of these quick tips:
- Activating your Software Assurance benefits
- Accessing your Software Assurance benefits
- Everything you need to know about Software Assurance expiration
Gaining access to free software upgrades and other benefits begin by activating your Software Assurance. To do that, just head on over to the VLSC website and follow these simple steps:
- Log in to Microsoft e-open website using the username and password that you must create when you first opened your eOpen account and accessed your licenses online.
- Click on Agreement Summary
- Click on the relevant licence
- After you have opened the Licence Details page scroll down and click on the link that states: Software Assurance Benefits Administration Tool
- This will open another page which will say Benefit Summary.
The Software Assurance benefits to which you are entitled will then be listed for your ordered products. You can activate these benefits by clicking on the hyperlinked benefit name.
Now, once you've activated your Software Assurance benefits, just head back again to the VLSC website and follow these simple steps to learn how to access the benefits provided by your Software Assurance:
- Choose Software or click View Software Assurance Benefits in the Entitlements section of the VLSC home page to display the Software Assurance Summary page.
This page displays links for the Software Assurance benefits available for all your licensing IDs. Any Software Assurance benefit you are not eligible for is displayed in gray text.
- Click the link for any available benefit to display additional information about the benefit. Click the link at the top of the page to go to the Software Assurance benefits management system to activate and manage benefits.
After the two-year period beginning your initial request, your products' Software Assurance will eventually expire. That means, you'll no longer have access to the free software upgrades and other benefits provided by the Software Assurance.
On the other hand, take note that product licenses are different from your Software Assurance, meaning that even if your Software Assurance already expired, your product licenses would still continue to be active/valid. In line with that, if you've upgraded or downgraded product versions through the VLSC, these won't be affected by your Software Assurance's expiration as well.
Lastly, to renew your Software Assurance, just place a donation request that comes with Software Assurance. To learn how to place a request, just log in to your account and follow these simple steps: How to Order