From leave requests to reimbursements and everything in between, we all know how much work is required when such common admin documents are still processed on paper. What’s even worse, these documents can also be causes of inefficiency as these not only cost us money to print, but they can even get lost afterwards.
IDCloudHost is a local web service provider based in Indonesia that offer a wide range of services including domain name registration and cloud hosting to name a few.
This donated package can only be availed once and is for Indonesia NGOs only. Any additional packages bought cannot be used on the same domain, and renewal of the domain and hosting should be arranged directly with IDCloudHost.
This would include one year registration of a custom domain name for your website and one year worth of cloud hosting to help support your website’s overall accessibility and availability.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use IDCloudHost’s web services to:
- Improve your website’s overall search engine optimization (SEO) and be easily discovered by potential donors and supporters by providing it with a custom domain which can include NGO-specific extensions such as .org or .or.id
- Keep your website online and minimize instances of web downtime through dedicated cloud hosting services
The one-time offer would include 1-year worth of the following:
- Your own custom website domain name which can include NGO-specific extensions such as .org or .or.id
- IDCloudHost Elite-Pro cloud hosting, which includes the following specifications:
- Triple Core
- 20 GB storage space
- 2 GB virtual memory
- Unlimited bandwidth
- More information here: https://idcloudhost.com/hosting-ssd-murah-indonesia/
Retrieving the services
Once the admin fee for this request has been made, kindly follow the necessary steps to accomplish and retrieve the domain and cloud-hosting service:
- Forward the formal TechSoup receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wait for 24-48 hours for IDCloudHost to communicate with your organization and to provide you with the instructions on where you will be forwarding the details and requirements to registered the desired domain
Note: Certain identification documents may be required from you such as organization registration documents and identification cards (e.g. Government IDs, Passports, etc.) as is traditionally required when registering a domain.
This offer will be made available to Indonesian NGOs only once. Renewal after the first year will be arranged directly with IDCloudHost for the appropriate market price. Additional packages bought will be for a different domain since renewal should only be arranged with IDCloudHost directly.
Have you heard? Microsoft will be making significant changes to all free personal OneDrive accounts by 13 July 2016 – just a few weeks away from today. By then all new free accounts will strictly be limited to a maximum of 5 GB storage, and the previous perks of additional storage (e.g. free 15 GB for camera roll) will be discontinued.
With a long list of features that nonprofits can possibly acquire for free, Office 365’s capacity to boost any nonprofit’s productivity and efficiency is truly undeniable. But with lingering questions related to the planning and implementation, a handful of nonprofits continue to hesitate in jumping to it.
Are your staff spread across several locations? Do you have a limited budget for IT support like installations and upgrades? Are your staff and volunteers requesting to work from personal devices, such as their smartphones or tablets? Your charity might be ready to migrate to the cloud. But you might also have some trepidation about going completely online, especially if you're working with sensitive information.
What do you need to assess whether your organization is ready to migrate to the cloud? This article discusses the key questions you should ask to get started.
This inaugural post highlights the big nonprofit technology stories of 2012, including making websites viewable on mobile phones, using mobile phones more in the workplace, cloud computing, social media fundraising, foundations and Microsoft donations, greater self-sufficiency among NGOs in developing countries, and some cutting edge things like hackathons. This was an original December blog post by TechSoup's Jim Lynch:
Microsoft offers a number of services free of charge to help people live and work a little smarter. Over the next few weeks we're going to introduce you to a number of these services that can make life a little simpler and more fun.
Millions of people throughout Asia use at least one of these services. There are probably at least a million more who might like to. We hope you'll find something that will surprise and delight you.
DocuSign Standard Edition is a web-based service that allows you to upload and send documents for electronic signature. DocuSign sends links to signers, who can add their signatures from virtually any Internet-enabled device. Signers do not need a DocuSign account to sign documents. You and the signers can view, download, and print completed documents at any time.
This offer provides a perpetual subscription to DocuSign Standard Edition for one user. The license allows the user to send up to 100 documents a year.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use DocuSign Standard Edition to increase staff and board flexibility by allowing documents to be signed in remote locations and at any time. Use it for
- Fundraising: grant applications, membership renewals, corporate sponsorship contracts
- Human resources: policy distribution and acknowledgement, new hires, change forms
- Volunteer management: applications, waivers, event registration
- Procurement: vendor agreements, purchase orders, SOWs
- Legal: NDAs, licensing, compliance
- Finance: internal approvals, expense reporting, auditing
- IT: asset tracking, incident reporting, maintenance authorization
- Choice of sources and storage: You can upload Word, PDF, and other types of documents, either from your computer or from file-sharing sites like Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive. Documents are stored in the DocuSign cloud but can be moved to your file-sharing sites.
- Mobile access: With DocuSign's mobile app, you can create and send documents from smartphones and tablets. You can sign them with the app or in a mobile web browser.
- Tags: You can place tags in your documents to show where to add signatures, initials, names, titles, company names, and other relevant information.
- Templates: You can create reusable templates that save tags and field placement, workflow routing, and other settings.
- Status and reporting: A dashboard shows the status of documents. You can see reports on documents, recipients, and overall account activity.
- Comments: Senders and signers can post comments, questions and answers inside documents and be notified in real time of new comments and replies. Comments are saved as part of the transaction.
Learn more on DocuSign's website.
This subscription includes DocuSign's Standard Support Plan.
The administrative fee for this product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Obtaining This Product
When TechSoup approves your donation request, we will send a message to your organization email address with instructions for obtaining and activating this product.
- System Requirements: See DocuSign system requirements.
- Perpetual License: This donation provides a perpetual license. It does not expire or need to be renewed.
- Existing Subscribers: Existing DocuSign customers may not request the TechSoup offer to renew their subscriptions.
- Previewing DocuSign:
- DocuSign's home page features a short demo video.
- If you've participated in a free DocuSign trial, you'll need to create a new account using a different email address to receive this donated subscription. Trial accounts cannot be converted to accounts obtained through this offer.
- Credit Card Required: Organizations will be required to provide credit card information when signing up for DocuSign.
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Credits Programme for Nonprofits provides credits for cloud services to eligible nonprofits and public libraries throughout Asia. The AWS cloud platform offers access to high-powered computing, storage, data warehousing, development, analytics, content delivery, and other services to help nonprofits scale without investing in physical infrastructure.
This grant provides $2,000 in AWS credits valid for 12 months that can be applied toward usage fees for AWS on-demand cloud services, but other select Amazon Web Services are not eligible. Organisations may request one grant of $2,000 in AWS credits per fiscal year. See the Grant Details tab for more information.
Benefits for Organisations
If you already use or want to get started using AWS cloud services, you can use AWS credits to
- Save on IT costs by not investing in physical infrastructure and provisioning only the resources you need when you need them
- Increase giving through AWS advanced services to gather, process, analyze, and visualize data cost-effectively to make informed targeting and fundraising decisions
- Analyze big data pipelines, store petabytes of data, and share results with collaborators
- Equip volunteers, temporary employees, or other staff with virtual desktops on the fly without long-term licensing agreements
- Widen your global reach and deploy your solutions where they are needed
- Manage all of your organisation's AWS cloud services, platforms, applications, and systems from one console
Amazon Web Services includes the following products, each of which provides multiple credit-eligible services.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) provides a scalable, cloud-based alternative to virtual servers for additional computing power, including databases, enterprise applications, and migrations.
- Amazon EC2 Container Service allows you to run applications on a managed cluster of Amazon EC2 instances, eliminating the need to install, operate, and scale your own cluster management infrastructure.
- See the full list of services and learn more about Amazon Compute.
- Amazon Elastic Block Storage (Amazon EBS) provides persistent local storage for Amazon EC2, databases, data warehousing, enterprise applications, and more.
- Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS) makes data available to one or more EC2 instances for content serving, enterprise applications, media processing workflows, and more.
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) connects data from any Internet location for user-generated content, active archives, serverless computing, and more.
- See the full list of services and learn more about Amazon Storage.
- Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, and Amazon DynamoDB are relational databases designed for quick deployment and management.
- Amazon Redshift allows you to store and manage petabytes worth of data.
- Amazon ElastiCache helps you deploy, operate, and scale in-memory cache.
- See the full list of services and learn more about Amazon Database.
- Advanced Computing: Amazon Web Services provide more high-powered computing services that enable capabilities far beyond traditional IT, including migration services, networking and content delivery, developer tools, and more. See the full list of Amazon Web Services options.
AWS provides Basic Support free of charge, which should be sufficient for most organisations' support needs.
If you want to upgrade to a Developer or Business Support plan, you can pay for the usage fees with your credits. However, AWS credits do not cover support launch fees. AWS recommends that you carefully review the plan details and usage fees before you make this decision.
The administrative fee for this grant is not refundable.
Obtaining This Product
When TechSoup Asia approves your donation request, we will send a message to your organisation email address with instructions for obtaining your credits.
Please consult the Amazon Web Services Credits Programme for Nonprofits FAQ for information not listed in the table below.
See the Amazon FAQs for each product to learn about system requirements and client support.
AWS credits are not valid for any fees or charges for Amazon EC2 Reserved Instances, Amazon Mechanical Turk, AWS Marketplace, Amazon Route53 domain name registration or transfer, or any upfront fee for any service.
|AWS Account Required||
The recipient organisation must have a valid AWS account ID with the organisation name identified in the Account Name field to apply the credits.
If an organisation does not have an AWS account ID, it must sign up for an AWS account before it can request this grant.
A credit card is required to open an AWS account.
Please consult the AWS Region Table to view on demand service availability by region.
|Additional Service Costs||
An organisation will be charged additional service fees in the following situations.
A credit card is required to pay for additional AWS service fees.
AWS recommends that organisations use Amazon CloudWatch to set up billing alerts to avoid unexpected charges.
|AWS Free Tier||
In addition to the AWS Credits Programme for Nonprofits, AWS offers the AWS Free Tier for all new customers for 12 months following the organisation's sign-up date. The AWS Free Tier is an offer that is separate from the AWS Credits Programme. It allows new customers to use certain AWS services for free up to certain usage limits.
AWS recommends that potential grant recipients who are new customers sign up for the AWS Free Tier before they request this offer.
Note that receiving AWS credits will not reset the 12-month duration of the AWS Free Tier.
|Continuing Service After One Year||
The AWS credits provided by this grant are valid for 12 months after they are applied to an AWS account. Organisations may request one grant of $2,000 in AWS credits per fiscal year (July 1 to June 30).
After all credits are used or if they expire after 12 months, the credit card associated with an organisation's AWS account will be charged at standard rates for all services used.
|Previewing AWS Cloud Services||
Free trials are available for the following AWS cloud services.
Grant recipients can apply credits obtained through this programme to any existing AWS account, including accounts created for a free trial.
|Existing Customers Eligible||
This grant is available to current or former AWS customers. Credits received through this programme can be applied to existing AWS accounts.
|Follow-up Survey Required||
Grant recipients must complete a follow-up survey from AWS after receiving credits.